Net-Shaped centrifugals with MetSource
Near net-shaped centrifugals combine the advantages of desired profiles cast-in with the metallurgical and thru-wall structural integrity of the centrifugal process.
Net-shape can be added to centrifugally cast components through the use of sand or ceramic split dies. True net-shaping at investment casting levels on the OD can be achieved utilizing proprietary net-shaping technology and special tooling. Either net-shaping or near net0shaping can dramatically reduce post-processing costs while delivering the advantages of a centrifugal casting.
Near net-shaped centrifugals are used as an alternative to conventional castings, forging, and fabrications.
When to use Net-Shaped Centrifugals:
As an alternative to
- Simplify manufacturing by reducing the number of components and additive geometric tolerances
- Reduce cost by eliminating welding and post-weld heat treatments
- Improve quality by eliminating difficult welds and tolerances
- Increase the speed of production by reducing the number of manufacturing steps
As an alternative to Forgings
Reduce cost by reducing milling and other machining steps
Improve quality by improved dimensional stability of a centrifugal product
Increase speed of production by shorter lead-times and fewer steps
Increase design flexibility and alloy choice
As an alternative to conventional castings
- Benefits of near net shape while eliminating mid-wall shrink
- Improved weldability due to smaller grain size
- Mid-range tooling costs provides value for mid to short runs
- Reduced cost compared to conventional centrifugals and machined detailing